CUSTOMER CARE WORTH MORE™
OUR DESIGN EXPERTS ARE
AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Feel free to browse our conveniently located Décor Centre where you’ll find ample inspiration for the kind of new home interiors that would suit your tastes and preferences. Once you have purchased a Gold Park home, you can arrange an appointment with our helpful staff, to pick your colours, finishes and all the little finishing touches that will make your new house a home.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY CONTACTS
We are committed to being there for you from the first moment you take possession of your new Gold Park home until long after you move in.
A refined service that’s simply… WORTH MORETM.
Concerns during regular business hours can be directed to 905-760-9595 x 251. Please be advised that an emergency is classified as listed below and will ONLY
be addressed as an emergency if the following occurs:
1. Total loss of heat between September 15 and May 15*
2. Gas leak*
3. Total loss of electricity*
4. Total loss of water supply*
5. Total sewage stoppage*
6. Plumbing leakage that requires complete water shut-off
7. Major collapse of any part of the home’s exterior or interior structure
8. Major water penetration on the interior walls or ceiling
9. A large pool or standing water inside the home
*Emergency situations due to the failure of a municipality or utility to provide the service are not within the builder’s control.
Gold Park Homes takes pride in providing you a home that comes with an unparalleled level of service that we stand behind!
The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation provides an excellent guide on purchasing homes in Canada. “CMHC’s Homebuying Step by Step guide is here to make things easier for you by providing the information you need to make a wise homebuying decision. This section provides examples and worksheets that will guide you through the entire homebuying process, from the moment you make the decision to buy your own home to the moment the movers carry the first box through the front door. It couldn’t be easier!” The full guide can be found on their website below.
For 40 years, Tarion has provided new home warranty protection to more than two million Ontario homes. We serve new home buyers and new home owners by ensuring that one of their life’s biggest investments is protected. Almost every new home in the province is covered by a new home warranty. This warranty protection is provided by Ontario’s builders and lasts up to seven years. It is backstopped by Tarion. More than 365,000 homes are currently enrolled in the warranty program. Every year about 50,000 new homes are enrolled. Tarion serves Ontario’s public interest by enhancing fairness and building confidence in the new home buying experience.
FIRST TIME HOME BUYER'S
Almost 80% of all home searches today begin on the Internet. With just a few
clicks of the mouse, home buyers can search through hundreds of online listings,
view virtual tours, and sort through dozens of photographs and aerial shots of
neighborhoods and homes. You’ve probably defined your goals and have a
pretty good idea of the type of home and neighborhood you want. By the time
you reach your real estate agent’s office, you are halfway to home ownership.
Know what to expect by reading our FAQ’s below:
- It is recommended that you meet with your bank or mortgage provider to talk about your finances and set realistic budget parameters. Depending on when you want to buy, consider getting mortgage pre-approval before you look for a home.
- You will require deposit funds upon signing and closing funds to complete the purchase.
- Choose your preferred neighbourhood(s) that will best meet your family’s needs for convenience, lifestyle and location – including schools, commuting, amenities, setting, activities and so on.
- Make sure to sign up at www.GoldParkHomes.com to stay up to date with all our new communities and launches.
Gold Park Homes offers a wide selection of home styles in inspired communities that will remain desirable for many years to come. Whether you choose a townhome, semi detached or detached home, every quality Gold Park Home is worth more.
After choosing your design and agreeing on any details, inclusions or conditions, your Gold Park sales representative will present you with an Agreement of Purchase and Sale to sign. A deposit is required at this time.
- Your Gold Park representative will call you to arrange an appointment with our Décor Studio. The professional design consultants will help you choose the finishes that will make your new home reflect your style.
- During construction, you will have the opportunity to tour your new home to inspect the quality for yourself, and see that your specific requests are underway.
- Your lawyer will ensure that any funds owing are paid, then arrange for the home’s ownership to be transferred to your name.
- Congratulations, you are now a proud Gold Park Home owner!
A LITTLE PLANNING HELPS LIGHTEN
THE LOAD ON MOVING DAY
Your offer to purchase has been finalized and now you’re ready to start packing! There are a lot of things to do between now and moving day, but if you approach the job methodically, everything should go smoothly on the big day.
Read our moving tips that will make your life so much easier:
- Contact a reputable moving company and go over all details, such as costs and availability.
- Contact your lawyer and confirm where/when your keys are being picked up.
- Arrange insurance for your new home.
- Take inventory of your belongings before they’re packed, in the event they get lost and you need to file an insurance claim later.
- Start using up food items so that there is less to pack and possibly spoil.
- Register your children at their new schools and arrange for necessary day-care.
- Locate all hospitals, police stations, veterinarian, fire stations and any other amenities in your new neighbourhood.
- Familiarize yourself with street parking by-laws in your new neighbourhood.
- Ensure your hydro, phone, cable and gas utilities are ordered or transferred.
- Fill out a change of address card for the post office and let your family and friends know your new address and phone number.
- Inform all credit card companies, newspaper and magazine deliveries of your new address.
- Renew your driver’s license and auto registration with your new address.
- Double-check all closets, drawers, shelves, attic and garage to ensure they are empty.
- Carry all important documents, money and jewellery. Don’t leave them to the mover.
- Pack toys, games or special items for the kids to keep them busy during the move.
- Pack a separate box of basics you’ll need on move-in day, such as tools, paper products, household cleaners, etc.
- Don’t pack paint, bottles of bleach, gas cans or other inflammables. It is against the law for movers to transport flammable and combustible materials.
- Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe and other special items.
- Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes if you have them. Label cables and tape all screws to the body of the equipment.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- Label each box and indicate the following: (a) Which room it should go in (b) Whether it is fragile (c) If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Cushion contents with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper or tissue. Save room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If musty smelling, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages and wrap the book before packing. Leave stored for a couple of months to eliminate the smell.
- Renew your driver’s license and auto registration with your new address.
- Pack medicines in a leakproof container.
This calculator is for demonstration purposes only. Gold Park does not guarantee that all calculations are accurate. Always consult a professional financial advisor before making personal financial decisions.